- TuneCore (hereinafter referred to as “The Promoter”) is conducting a music talent search as described herein (hereinafter referred to as the “TuneCore Grant Punjab”). The Promoter is an independent digital music distribution, publishing, and licensing service company. Persons interested in being considered for the TuneCore Grant Punjab (herein referred to as the “Applicant” or “You”) agree to the following terms and conditions as conditions for their submission of entries for the TuneCore Grant Punjab.
- The Promoter provides services to users through the website https://www.tunecore.in/ (the “Website”). If Applicant wishes to contact The Promoter for any reason, please email: [email protected]
- The terms and conditions herein apply to the TuneCore Grant Punjab. These terms and conditions along with those located on The Promoter’s Website shall be collectively referred to as the “Terms and Conditions”. The Promoter reserves the right to change or modify the Terms and Conditions at its sole discretion at any time without any prior notice. Any revision under the Terms and Conditions will be updated on the landing page of the submission of entries for the TuneCore Grant Punjab. You agree and understand that by choosing to participate in the TuneCore Grant Punjab, You are regarded as having agreed, understood and accepted to the Terms and Conditions including revised terms, if any.
- This TuneCore Grant Punjab is open ONLY to Indian Citizens residing in India and possessing an Indian bank account. The TuneCore Grant Punjab is conducted/organized by The Promoter through https://www.instagram.com/tunecore.ind/ and TuneCore.in. (the “Platform”).
- The entries for the TuneCore Grant Punjab must be submitted via the Platform between 5th September 2023 and 5th October 2023 including the opening and closing date respectively.
- An Applicant may make only one (1) Official Entry as described herein.
- The Promoter will select One (1) Applicant who will receive the TuneCore Grant Punjab. The Promoter will either select the Applicant to be awarded the TuneCore Grant Punjab or assign the decision to a person appointed by The Promoter in The Promoter's sole discretion. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, The Promoter shall have complete discretion over the operation and conduct of the TuneCore Grant Punjab and the recipient selection process. Announcement of the recipient of the TuneCore Grant Punjab and details of the receiving Applicant will be released on the Platform on a date after 15th October, 2023.
- The TuneCore Grant Punjab is open to anyone who is eighteen (18) years or older on the date of that Applicant’s submission of an entry for the TuneCore Grant Punjab.
- The Applicant’s composition/sound recording entry must be in the Punjabi language, and may be in any musical genre provided it is entirely original, composed/written by the Applicant or has the required licenses/permissions/clearances for the same (herein the “New Release”).
- By submitting an Official Entry, Applicant confirms that Applicant meets the eligibility requirements necessary to submit an entry and is not disqualified by any applicable laws. The Promoter may require Applicant to provide proof that Applicant is eligible to make an entry for the TuneCore Grant Punjab. If Applicant fails to provide The Promoter with any such proof or other information requested by The Promoter within a reasonable time (such period to be determined solely by The Promoter), Applicant may be disqualified for the TuneCore Grant Punjab.
- The Promoter reserves all rights to disqualify Applicant if Applicant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the TuneCore Grant Punjab.
- An entry will be declared void if Applicant is in any way involved in any:
- form of fraud (actual or apparent), including copyright infringement;
- fraudulent misrepresentation;
- fraudulent concealment;
- hacking or interference with the proper functioning of the Platform; or
- amending, or unauthorized use of, any of the code that constitutes the Platform.
9. How to submit an Official Entry for the TuneCore Grant Punjab:
- To register and submit an Official Entry for the TuneCore Grant Punjab:
- An Applicant for the TuneCore Grant Punjab is eligible to apply if the Applicant has had a New Release distributed via the TuneCore.in/Website not prior to 5th July 2023. If the Applicant does not have a New Release active, Applicant may create an account and subscribe to either the free plan or the paid plan as mentioned on the website (https://www.tunecore.in/pricing) subject to the terms therein.
- If Applicant is creating an account, Applicant must upload an original and fully owned New Punjabi Release through the Platform on that new account.
- On uploading the New Release, Applicant will be provided a ‘UPC’ by TuneCore on the Websites’ artist dashboard. Applicant must share the UPC with The Promoter to participate in the TuneCore Grant Punjab as mentioned below. If the Applicant’s New Release entry is already being distributed by TuneCore pursuant to the rules herein, Applicant may share that entry’s existing UPC. The UPC, together with the submission of the information detailed below shall constitute Applicants “Official Entry” for the purposes of the TuneCore Grant Punjab.
- Applicant may submit an entry between 5th September 2023 and 5th October 2023. Along with the UPC, Applicant must submit the following information through the application form available on the TuneCore Grant Punjab Landing Page. Fields marked with * are mandatory, failing which an entry shall be deemed defective and will be disqualified.
- Email address*
- City and State of Residence*
- TuneCore UPC of the new release uploaded by the Applicant*
- A short (150 words or so) paragraph that describes You – the musician and your journey;
- 1-2 pictures;
- Audio links to 1 or 2 of Applicant’s other, older original songs (Optional. No problem if the uploaded single is your first!)
- Video links to 1 or 2 of Applicant’s other, older original songs (Optional. No problem if the uploaded single is your first!)
- Links to Applicant’s Instagram Handle
- Links to Applicant’s YouTube Handle
- 3 Press Links, if any
- 40 -60 seconds video on why Applicant deserves to receive the TuneCore Grant Punjab.
The information Applicant provides in the Tune Core Grant registration shall be stored on the Promoter’s database and will be only used for the purposes of the TuneCore Grant Punjab.
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions, the Applicant represents and warrants that:
9.2.1. The Applicant falls under the eligibility criteria mentioned above in Section 8 and the Applicant has the full right, power, and authority to agree to the TuneCore Grant Punjab Terms and Conditions.
9.2.2. The Official Entry is the Applicant’s original work, and it has not been previously distributed except pursuant to this Section 9. It has not received any previous awards. It does not violate, misappropriate or otherwise infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, rights of publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity and Applicant has obtained written permission from any third party who appears/features in the Official Entry or whose name, image, likeness, voice or other proprietary right is used in the Official Entry, if any.
9.2.3. The Applicant is not impersonating any other person and the information provided by the Applicant as a condition of participation in the TuneCore Grant Punjab is true and correct to the best of Applicant’s knowledge.
9.2.4. Applicant will not use the Platform if such use interferes with the applicable laws.
9.2.5. Applicant is compliant with all applicable laws that apply to the TuneCore Grant Punjab and to which Applicant is subject.
Submission of Official Entry:
- Applicant acknowledges that The Promoter shall have the right to use any material or content submitted by the Applicant for the TuneCore Grant Punjab for promotional purposes without any consideration of any sort and/or money payable to the Applicant.
- The Promoter will not accept responsibility for the entries that are not successfully completed, or are delayed regardless of cause including, for example, timing, technical, or any other unforeseen difficulties beyond reasonable control of The Promoter.
- The Applicant understands and agrees that the Applicant is fully responsible for any information and New Release the Applicant submits and that the Applicant, not the Promoter, has the responsibility for the legality, reliability, accuracy, and appropriateness of such information and New Release. The Promoter is not responsible or liable to any third party for the content, accuracy, or appropriateness of any entry/information/New Release posted by the Applicant on the Platform in relation to the TuneCore Grant Punjab.
- Applicants that do not accept these Terms and Conditions shall not be permitted to be make an Official Entry for the TuneCore Grant Punjab.
- Submission of an Official Entry indicates the Applicant’s agreement to comply with and abide by the selection methods of The Promoter or the judges appointed by The Promoter for the TuneCore Grant Punjab. Further, the adjudicated decisions will be considered final and binding.
- Submission of an Official Entry indicates that the Applicant represents and warrants to have met the eligibility requirements set forth herein.
- The cost of creation/submission of the Official Entry shall be solely borne by the Applicant.
TuneCore Grant Punjab Amount:
- The Promoter will select One (1) Applicant who will receive the TuneCore Grant Punjab. The Promoter retains the absolute right to select the Applicant who will be entitled for the TuneCore Grant Punjab.
- At its election and in its sole discretion, the Promoter will bring in a panel of industry experts who will consider the applications and select the recipient of the TuneCore Grant Punjab.
- Criteria to assess the entries by the judges will include, but is not limited to Applicant’s:
- Community Engagement & Interaction
- Selection of an Applicant for the TuneCore Grant Punjab shall be done at the sole discretion of The Promoter and the judges appointed by The Promoter if any subject to compliance with the Terms and Conditions herein and such decision shall be final. No correspondence will be entertained by The Promoter or the judges in this regard.
- The Applicant selected for the TuneCore Grant Punjab will receive a grant amount of INR 1,00,000 (Indian Rupees One Lakh Only) subject to the compliance with the Terms and Conditions (“Grant Amount”). The Promoter shall endeavor to provide the Grant Amount on or before November 15, 2023.
- Any and all taxes and/or levies related to the Grant Amount including but not limited to gift tax, charges, TDS, regulatory/statutory duties, cess, levies, insurance, transfer fees, registration fees, etc. applicable under the laws of India shall be borne solely by the recipient of the TuneCore Grant Punjab in relation to the Grant Amount.
- Such selected Applicant will further sign a declaration in the format shared by The Promoter prior to receiving the Grant Amount stating that the Applicant warrants that the Grant Amount shall be 100% utilized to further the Applicant’s career in the music industry.
Such selected Applicant acknowledges that the Applicant will not receive any compensation, benefits etc., except as mentioned herein and will hereby release The Promoter and its agents and assigns from any and all claims which may arise out of or are in any way connected with the TuneCore Grant Punjab.
Limitation of Liability:
- By participating in the TuneCore Grant Punjab, it shall be construed that all Applicants have waived their right to raise any dispute with regard to the Grant Amount and/or in any manner whatsoever in connection to the TuneCore Grant Punjab.
- In no event shall The Promoter be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any other damages resulting from the Grant Amount and/or in any manner whatsoever in connection to the TuneCore Grant Punjab.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be construed and governed by the laws of India. Applicants agree to submit to the sole and exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Mumbai, India.
By participating in the TuneCore Grant Punjab, You are entering into a contract with The Promoter and are agreeing to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.